NewThing was started with one purpose: to be a catalyst for a movement of reproducing churches. In order for a reproducing church movement to happen, we are asking God to help us send out the right people to start new reproducing churches and campuses. We call these "right people" Leadership Residents.
Leadership Residents are apprentice church planters who are in training to launch a reproducing church. Through this apprenticeship, a Leadership Resident will experience:
- A mentoring relationship with a Lead Pastor or Campus Pastor
- Interactive, web-based, action-reflection learning
- An option for personal coaching through Intentional Impact
- Development of Big Idea curriculum for Kids, Students and Adults
- Networking opportunities through NewThing Gatherings, Exponential Conference and many more NewThing events
- Practical, hands-on leadership in a church’s ministries
- An opportunity to take advantage of 25% discount on a Wheaton College M.A.
And a Leadership Residency can take place at any NewThing Church in places like: Boston, New York, Chicago, Paris France, L.A., Kansas City, the Philippines – all over the world!
To get another angle on the Residency Program, click watch this video to hear from two individuals who have experienced the Leadership Residency first hand.