NewThing Global Residency
Are you passionate about church planting? Does cross-cultural ministry and the global church excite you? Do you sense God calling you to take a step of faith to advance His Kingdom? If you answered “yes” to those questions than you won’t want to miss this opportunity.
Come January of 2016 NewThing is starting a global residency program that will send church planters from all over planet Earth to be trained in various cultures and contexts in order to ultimately plant a reproducing church, a church that plants more churches, in one of the major gateway cities of the world. This could be you!
Our desire is to see movement making men and women of faith raised up and equipped to plant churches anywhere in the world. We want to provide an opportunity for you to learn and grow and be stretched in ways you never could’ve imagined for the greater good of advancing God’s Kingdom. We only have 6 open slots for this first cohort so don’t delay!
Our Global Residency Program is designed for those who long to be a catalyst for the global expansion of the Kingdom of God. Our desire is to equip the emerging movement makers of this generation to effectively plant reproducing churches in any major gateway city in the world helping people all over the globe find their way back to God.
Each global resident will spend multiple months in one, two, or three different cultures being apprenticed in how to start and lead a missional church movement. The program is a wonderful combination of classroom based training, hands on leadership opportunities, as well as a firsthand cross-cultural experience.
A few of the benefits of the Global Residency Program are:
- Coaching from global leaders like Dave Ferguson, Oscar Muriu, Ajai Lall, and more!
- Understanding the dynamics of cross-cultural church planting.
- Being sharpened by other like-minded men and women from around the world.
- Training in a variety of cultures and contexts.
- Support and accountability for launching and leading an international church movement.
The program will cost approximately $25,000-$30,000. This amount varies slightly depending on where your cohort will be sent. NewThing has a program that will match 50% of whatever you raise (up to $20,000) available for those that qualify.
The Global Residency Program is one year in length. Currently, we’re starting cohorts in both January and July.
If you are interested please contact email@example.com and/or check out our residency page to take a FREE church planting assessment.
SUMMARY OF GLOBAL RESIDENCY
- A total 12 month program.
- Spend anywhere from 6 to 12 months in a culture not your own.
- Receive coaching from various global movement leaders.
- 2+ hours a week of Masters level classroom training.
- An apprenticeship under a current leader pastor.
Become a part of the NewThing network and it’s 4 R’s.
MONTH 1 – ORIENTATION and FOUNDATIONS
- Land in Nairobi, Kenya
- Get accustomed to the culture
- Get orientation on the history, values, and systems of NewThing
- Church planting models
- Global church planting
MONTH 2 – ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP (PART 1)
- Mission, Vision, Values development
- Strategic planning and execution
MONTH 3 – ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP (PART 2)
- Strategic support: finance, admin and HR
- Strategic leadership: church governance, developing leaders
MONTH 4 – MISSIOLOGICAL LEADERSHIP (PART 1)
- Missional communities
- Reaching the community around you
MONTH 5 – MISSIOLOGICAL LEADERSHIP (PART 2)
- Gathering, connecting, growing and multiplying the community
MONTH 6 – MISSION TRIP
- Intensive cross-cultural training
MONTH 7 – ORIENTATION and TEAM & RELATIONSHIPS (PART 1)
- Land in Chicago, IL
- A winning launch and staff team
MONTH 8 – TEAM & RELATIONSHIPS (PART 2)
- Network building and community relationships
MONTH 9 – PASTORAL LEADERSHIP (PART 1)
- Teaching and preaching
- Leading other shepherds
- Family ministry and counseling
MONTH 10 – PASTORAL LEADERSHIP (PART 2)
- Pastoral care: marriage, funerals, etc.
- Crisis care and counseling
MONTH 11 – LAUNCH PREPARATIONS (PART 1)
MONTH 12 – LAUNCH PREPARATIONS (PART 2)
In brief the process will include:
1. Submission of application documents/files that include:
b. 3 References: Pastor, Peer and friend or Mentor
c. Complete the "Free Initial Screening Assessment"
d. A sermon you have preached (Link or Youtube)
e. APEST personality test.
2. After submission and review of the above documents and files, we will have in-depth ‘get to know’ conversations:
a. Phone Conversation
b. Skype/Zoom Conversation
c. One to one conversation (preferably in person) that will include spouse
3. Communication of decision
4. Signing of commitment
If you are interested in being a part of our Global Leadership Residency or you have any questions please fill out the form below.